Mailing List

Saturday, August 10, 2024

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Honestly, I thought this would be more about a good girl who slides into darkness, PERFORMING murder, but alas, it wasn't nearly so funny.

Instead, it's a rather good mystery that follows closely to a coming of age story, giving us the whole package of amateur investigation, twists and turns, and all kinds of neat characters.

That being said, I read this with my buddy reader with the express intent of enjoying the streaming series based on this book -- and let's just say I love the book.


*whispers*

(Why, oh, WHY do people have to make so many absolutely stupid changes to a perfectly good book in an adaptation? Seriously. It's not about money or problematic ideas. It could have EASILY followed every detail in the book without a SINGLE PROBLEM, thereby enchanting the actual fans of the book, becoming a rare unicorn in the entire industry, and just STICK to the DAMN landing.)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment