Mailing List

Saturday, August 3, 2024

My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, Vol. 2 (My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, #2)My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, Vol. 2 by Emil Ferris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When it's good, it's great -- just shy of profound, but definitely right there with the heart.

When it's a bit too meandering, or odd in a "why is this even here" way, it tries to entice me to care, but doesn't quite make it.

I really loved the first volume. The second volume merely continues it. I still want to get those reveals of those mysteries, the ones closest to our monster's heart, but it's just taking a bit too long. Or rather, the side-stories are sometimes a bit meh.

Even so, the art is all kinds of wonderful. I really enjoy pretty much everything about it. I just want to see where it picks up next. I hope it doesn't take so long.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment