Mailing List

Saturday, August 17, 2024

A Curse of Krakens (The Seven Kennings, #3)A Curse of Krakens by Kevin Hearne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kevin Hearne wraps up his epic fantasy trilogy in fine form. There are tons of interesting and colorful characters, a seven-prong magic system that gets nicely into the nitty gritty, and, of course, the gods.

All of them are real characters -- in the way that you have that really quirky and downright bothersome neighbor that will borrow your lawnmower then reduce it to its base components because it didn't quite cut all the corners on his lawn -- and I was here for it.

Then again, the mortals were just as bad. I loved all of them. Great dialogue and asides.


But, if I am to be utterly honest, these were the main selling points -- and not the battles or the grand action. It was fine, but not the best. It was still worth the read, however.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment