Mailing List

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Red Team Blues: A Martin Hench NovelRed Team Blues: A Martin Hench Novel by Cory Doctorow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my, this was a super easy and fun read for me. It has that perfect oddball mix of technothriller present day SF, savvy forensic economics white-hat heroism, and an easily humorous late-middle-age protag that is cunning, and careful, and wily.

Plus, it's Cory Doctorow. There are a great number of fun references to oddballs everywhere, not to mention a great understanding of cryptocurrencies, cryptography, and hacking in general.

Of course, this is a major life-hacking novel, almost noir, and definitely a hoot of an adventure.

I would LOVE to read a TON of Martin Hench novels. Hell, I tend to LOVE any novel with a good understanding of economics and financial chicanery and the will to right injustices.

I mean... is there a more timely novel out there? Just look around. Wouldn't we love to see some light shine on those sinister tax havens and Lex Lutherish super-rich and the stock markets? Wouldn't we love to have some kind of superman rip some of these evil-doers from their bunkers?

Yeeessssss, please.

So give me more of this. Give me the really smart stuff. Hit me. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment