Mailing List

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5)Death Masks by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Moving on with the great re-read of the Dresden Files, I was pretty thrilled to see the progression of the Red Court's threat (still so much less than what it will be) and a true, nasty introduction to the Denarians.

I think I like it all so much better on the re-read. I know how nasty things get so I'm slapping my head about Harry's nonchalance and bravado.

And that leads me right back to where I should have been all along: his friends. Without them, he's ALWAYS a sitting duck. Worse, he's cannon fodder. He talks a great game but he would have been toast without those faith Jedi swords at his back.

Truly though, the action and atmosphere was great in this one. I'm loving Michael and friends a lot. The dialogue is great. The implications at the end...

Well, that's what we have the next novel for. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment