Mailing List

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Hell Bent (Alex Stern, #2)Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm definitely jumping on the rave train for this book, this series. I was already in love with the first but Hell Bent one goes above and beyond.

Let me put it this way: this is what a UF ought to be when it goes high-class and high-res. Fantastic on the details, delicious on the characters, and a story that just won't quit. Even the "flashbacks" are beyond necessary and crucial to this full-bodied and sometimes hellbound tale.

I'm in love with Alex Stern. She has everything I've loved in some of my favorite UFs but the creative mix of Ivy League school, secret societies, deep friendships, and a peculiarly wicked sense of honor makes this stand out. It's more than well-rounded, it's invigorating.

I am probably going to want to do a wonderful re-read of this right before the third book comes out and I'm gonna have to take along everyone. It's too good to miss.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment