Mailing List

Friday, October 11, 2024

The RegulatorsThe Regulators by Richard Bachman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, when it comes to straight character descriptions done quick and dirty, only to have those characters done dirty and quick, Stephen King excels. Or rather, Bachman reaches pure SK levels. *wink*

The whole setup and increasingly crazy add-ons past the drive-by kept me glued to the pages. Fun to see the connections to Desperation, too.



So why didn't I give this a full 5 stars? Mostly because the supernatural twists were almost un-needed. Sure, I LOVE the connections to everything else, but in this case? The shootings were STRONG and fascinating all by themselves. So, I just don't know. It's a feeling.

Either way, the book was absolutely delicious.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment