Mailing List

Thursday, October 17, 2024

The Devil's Evidence (Thomas Fool #2)The Devil's Evidence by Simon Kurt Unsworth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Noir -- damned-soul, turned Head Information Officer in Hell--Mr. Fool is doing well for himself.

Not only is he solving murders and being a hero in hell, but now his services are requested in Heaven.

Muahahahahahahaha. Right. I'll just put out here that this isn't a tired or cliche rendition of Dante, but a smart, interesting Noir Mystery that treats Fool like the Fool he is. The scope and scale of these novels are also rather great, leading up to some rather primo Lovecraftian scenes, adventure, and entertainment.

I've read a pretty hefty amount of books LIKE these, but this has all the right balance and entertainment value. Very grounded--and if you realize we're talking about both heaven and hell here, you know that's going to be a very loaded statement.

I loved how this turned out. I can't wait for the next.

Honestly--these should be a lot more popular than they seem to be. The quality oozes off the page.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment