Mailing List

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Golden Enclaves (The Scholomance, #3)The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a wild ride. After the previous book’s cliffhanger, this could have gone either way. We could have ended up with a bunch of recrimination and soul searching and an attempt to get on with their lives after… SCHOOL… and what a nightmare THAT was, or all these ex-students could try to fix the system that had created the nightmare in the first place.

I’m personally pleased as hell that we got both. Not only that, but we got so many little goodies along the way, including spoilerish saving such and such and a full damn war Earthside, that I was honestly thrumming with pleasure.

It got big, kept the stakes high, and it had some really quite delicious worldbuilding twists that made me chortle all the way to the end.

In short, this is a great series if you have an appetite for destruction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment