Mailing List

Saturday, December 17, 2022

Tartila Mine (The Alchemist #5)Tartila Mine by Vasily Mahanenko
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

We get a fun end. I mean, seriously, we get a nearly-world-shattering end to this LitRPG, assuming we just stick with one world. We'll see. But for right now, this thirteen-year-old kid and his betrothed managed to kill or otherwise defeat meta-world intelligences and immortals, ancient high-tech defenses, and re-awaken magic.

On the other hand, now that I have read these five books, I'm rather amused to see how they could really be re-named: how to hack a worldbuilding and magic system, get the DM super pissed off at you, and how to find yet MORE exploits to later get nerfed.

EVERY SINGLE BOOK. We get a short period of time where our kid can be utterly OP, lose it, find a new method, lose it, find yet another way to screw over the system, and then finally just say to the system, all right, buddy, I'm tired of this. I'm doing it MY WAY.

I seriously had a great time with that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment