Mailing List

Monday, December 12, 2022

The Cretaceous PastThe Cretaceous Past by Liu Cixin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This early Liu Cixin story ('04, translated '12) is pretty amazing. As I was reading it, I kept saying to myself, "OMG this is just like Adrian Tchaikovsky's Children of Time or Doors of Eden, I LOVE IT", only to have that brain fart that makes me reverse the order and slap my forehead.

Truly, though, this is a deep past tale of high-tech civilization during the time of Dinosaurs and Ants. The novella ROCKS. Lots of fantastic imagination.

Is it obvious it's the same author that wrote Three-Body Problem and the two brilliant sequels? Oh, you better believe it.

This is the kind of hard SF I live for. The rise and fall of the dinosaurs and ants. :) :) :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment