Mailing List

Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1)The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For the most part, I enjoyed the novel. I especially loved how easy it was to read aloud to my daughter and how toned-down it was compared to *almost ANYTHING* At all. Hell, even my six-year-old found it sometimes EXTREMELY boring. (Her words)

*sigh* At least I have the movie to look forward to, right? And yes, she likes that just fine.

Back to the book...

All the characters are so iconic it's easily fun for *ME* to get into them, tho, and enjoy the broad-brush strokes full of simplistic...

Oh, well, IT IS FOR CHILDREN. Right? Maybe we adults are too spoiled with delightfully subtle and/or subversive children's messages in children's books and we never grew up during the "simple" times our great-great-great grandparents grew up with. But the sense of wonder is definitely here. I kinda miss that.

And I ramble. :)

Honestly, I have no real issues with it. It was a pleasure to read aloud to my girl except when she made me stop two dozen times because she was too bored. And I'm like... huh? FLYING MONKEYS! Who doesn't like FLYING MONKEYS?

Alas. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment