Mailing List

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Mass Effect: Initiation (Mass Effect: Andromeda, #2)Mass Effect: Initiation by N.K. Jemisin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very fun and superior novel to the other Mass Effect: Andromeda game tie-in. :)

And it's not just because I'm a fan of the author they brought in to do it justice.

It can even be read on its own without knowledge of the games, which is a definite plus, but if you've already played ME Andromeda and enjoyed Cora as a character and you loved Sam as much as I did, this is going to be a real treat.

The events here take place in the Milky Way before they get going and focuses mostly on Cora meeting and eventually gaining papa Ryder's full trust, going about it in a very cool Noir-mystery kind of storytelling.

You know, a human trained my Asari warriors hiring on as a merc, getting shafted by much more powerful forces, getting a little revenge with the completion of the mission and eventually uncovering all the cool little secrets (AI RESEARCH, YO,) that make this universe something special to me. :)

And now we get the FULL story about Cora's little jealousy in the game. :)

I'm quite happy. :) Totally satisfied with the characterizations and plot and I had a great time reading it.

So why only 4 stars? I might be a bit biased against media tie-ins.
But maybe I shouldn't be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment