Mailing List

Monday, April 15, 2019

The Legend of GriffThe Legend of Griff by Richard Sparrow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Competent and amusing, this fantasy turns the traditional fantasy trope on its head in a very familiar way. You know, get that hero-laden orphan, a magical sword of destiny... and kill him.

It's a thing, now. And at the moment, I'm still amused by the trend and would still like to see more of it... until I don't. :)

This particular book crams just a few days into its delightful pages, adding tons of cool and light-hearted plot that mixes in polite goblin hoards, jackass humans, a truly legendary young man with all the right accolades (with his death), and a hapless young goblin who just happens to take up HIS DESTINY. :)

Who really cares the sword was designed to kill goblins and it blisters his hand? He's got a good heart. :)

Light and fun, humorous in ways that remind me nicely of Pratchett. I'll definitely like to read what happens next. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment