Mailing List

Friday, April 5, 2019

Moon Rising (Luna #3)Moon Rising by Ian McDonald
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ian McDonald is one hell of a writer. I've been following his career rather closely and I've loved the kinds of intricate people-centric webs he weaves. They always appear rather rambling and exploratory but more than that, they're deeply about the characters.

Fascinating doesn't begin to describe them. And these three popular Luna novels give us the full run of the five families on the Moon and the gory feud that culminated in mass death in the first book and ending with a fully brilliant realization in the third.

Is this final book in the trilogy worth the wait?

Oh, yes. I was glued to the pages, loving the intrigue, subterfuge, the revenge planning, the thwarted love, the epic battles against bots, and the near-gladiatorial-style combat as the resolution for legal battles.

We may as well be in Verona during the Renaissance or experiencing a Godfather epic taking place on the moon.

But you know what? I liked this book a lot more than the second. It not only felt more vital but it held my interest so much more. It's almost exactly like the feel of the first, only in reverse. :) And the end? Well, the end is the best part. No spoilers. I really can't believe how it got resolved.

Very satisfying. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment