Mailing List

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Island of Doctor MoreauThe Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G. Wells
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pain and savagery. Mostly pain. This is the Island of Doctor Moreau. :)

I admit I was kinda caught up on LIKING the whole idea of man-beasts or beast-men more than the execution here. As an old SF tale, it reads more like the dark side of Darwin meets the dark side of Victorian mores. Are we not beasts? Where's our civilization now? lol

But in point of fact... it's all about the pain. I think Wells was in a lot of pain as he wrote this. It's igore the pain this, ignore the pain that, be a MAN, damnit!

Snip, snip, cut, cut... SEE? All better now. :)

Grrrrrr, growl... but I have to admit I like the monkey man. Reminds me of some in-laws. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment