Mailing List

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Servant of the Empire (The Empire Trilogy, #2)Servant of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I honestly think this second book in the trilogy is better than the first. Maybe it's due to getting used to the characters and the initial worldbuilding over on the other side of the pond... or I should say, the other side of the universe through the Rift from the previous Rifwar books... but I honestly don't think so.

This is a lot more solid than the last, focusing more on Kevin from the other side, the whole slavery issue, and plenty of war footing to round out the politics and the solidification of the House.

And then, there's the whole thing about SMITING ONE'S ENEMIES in every way possible, even saving enough energy for mercy which is NOT accepted, letting her DESTROY with impunity. :)

Very fun. I'm fully on board to rip through the third book in this trilogy. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment