Mailing List

Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Descent of Monsters (Tensorate, #3)The Descent of Monsters by J.Y. Yang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novella goes the epistolary format in a big way. Very enjoyable to me! :)

This time we get a harried and *hat upon investigator who is given no support from her superiors. Big surprise, right? But she's still required to figure out what happened to the boneyard that is the focus of this novella. Experimentation, a half naga-raptor monster, and of course... TWINS are involved. :)

Maybe this series ought to be called the Twinsorate. :)

What we don't get in sheer description or straightforward plot, we make up for in atmosphere and mystery. I like it. A lot. And we even get a practical example of active-prophesy. :) I like where this is going. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for the next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment