Mailing List

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Night and Silence (October Daye #12)Night and Silence by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Damn. This one hit me pretty hard.

Tybalt's situation is already bad enough, but to learn that Toby's now 100% human daughter has been abducted under bad circumstances? It could have been just the start of a cool adventure. Off to the college campus, hunt down clues... but what we learn is something much more insidious. Toby's grandmother. The reveals. The NASTY reveals.

I got pretty emotional over this novel. It's not just the fact that Toby lost 12 years as a freaking fish, coming back to the world with her daughter already a teen, her fiance hating her, and her daughter wanting nothing to do with her. It's worse because of all the OTHER lies. Ahem. Gillian's adoptive mother. *grrrrrrr*

Okay. I'm angry. A lot angry. I wanted to rage at her throughout this novel. I've never felt more pity for Toby. She's made her share of mistakes. Tons of mistakes. But this one wasn't hers.

What a ride!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment