Mailing List

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Across the Nightingale Floor (Tales of the Otori, #1)Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a light Feudal Japanese fantasy that focuses heavily on growing up to be an assassin, trembling with desire and love, and reveals that drive the main character to dire measures.

Does most of this sound familiar in YA fiction? It should. :)

Fortunately, I enjoy light Feudal Japanese fantasies... NARUTO!!! and while this is fairly light on the magic, (sorry, Naruto fans,) the writing is comfortable and predictable and I can firmly put this in the comfort-food category of literature.

Special things of note... lots of assassination training and experience! A love story for the ages! Loveable mentors falling to force big decisions on main characters!

Sigh... at least I like this kind of thing. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment