Mailing List

Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Barrow Will Send What it May (Danielle Cain #2)The Barrow Will Send What it May by Margaret Killjoy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. I'm kicked in the head from out on left field. I got this through Netgalley based only on its cover and a single word in the blurb, but the tasting and devouring of the novella? SOOOO good. :)

What to expect? ANARCHY! Woooh Hooo!

The best description I can make is likening this to the Rowdy crew from that Dirk Gently tv series but they're hunting baddies a-la UF fiction and when they aren't mystery-ing it up like the Scooby Gang, they're making pacts with ancient Egyptian gods to resurrect dead friends.

With huge complications.

And in the meantime, the Scooby gang steals, breaks, and thumbs their noses at evil magical Feds and makes sure their lives are led in the freest way ever. Spice of life. Live like this is your last day. Because, for some of them, it was. Yes, past tense. :)

So rowdy! :) Roadtripping, resurrecting, randomizing, you name it, they're doing it. And it's a pure delight.

I do think I'm going to be keeping my eye out for this author something fierce. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment