Mailing List

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Saint's Blood (Greatcoats, #3)Saint's Blood by Sebastien de Castell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I will join the hoards of Fantasy fans who feel like they "discovered" Castell's wonderful fantasy. :)

Truly, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it and it flows so naturally and so entertainingly that I'm having a very hard time holding back from reading the next book.

Why? Because it has the flair and the panache of Alexandre Dumas, the hardcore Fantasy chops of the very best modern Fantasy, the verve and cheek of the best UF, and the heart and desperation of a truly good dystopian.

Gods and the Saints of Gods are the downtrodden characters in this novel. The rest of the benighted folk are commoners, idealists and oddly, the Dukes. The Dukes were the bad guys in the previous volumes. But not now. They're out of their league because a living god has arisen in the land and he's killing the living receptacles of the old gods of all manner of ideals.

Things really are desperate here. Only swashbucklers and religious knights with pistols can save the realm from the United faith that threatens to bowl over the Law of the land.

So cool. :) The worldbuilding is really fantastic, but it's the characters that shine so blindingly. :) Their dialogue comes in second. I'm in love with the characters. :)

Am I fanboy? You better f***ing believe it. :)

This is some of the smoothest Fantasy I've come across and it's more than entertaining... it made me cry. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment