Mailing List

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Scourged (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #9)Scourged by Kevin Hearne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm amazed, satisfied, filled with humor and equal dismay.

*wail* This is the end of the Iron Druid. The story of Atticus is done. *wail*

Fortunately, this last book is a wildly good ride, featuring a better Hel and Loki from some movies we've seen, a Ragnarok with full pantheons of the Greek and the Fae on board, as well as a number of great cameos from Jesus, Coyote, and the Monkey King.

This is one hell of a big blowout and it's time for Atticus to account for starting it.

And then there's the Oak Druid's sloth. I can't tell you how much I love her. I think Owen (Atticus's old teacher) is a pretty awesome dude. :) Hopping around the trees with his new friend and talking about bananas as power pills for monkeys is pretty sweet. :) Especially as an aside DURING THE WAR TO END ALL WARS. :)

I can see why the series needs to wrap up but it doesn't stop me from being sad. I am actually very satisfied with how it turned out.

As someone else has already said... "This book deserves all the wags!"

:)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment