Mailing List

Thursday, April 27, 2023

A Touch of JenA Touch of Jen by Beth Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How very, very odd. By all my personal standards, I wouldn't think I would have enjoyed this kind of novel. Between the insecurities, the little quirks, obsessions, and self-deprecatory humor, it mostly read like a contemporary. You know, relationship-laden, constant obsession, class consciousness, even a tragedy that never quite feels like a tragedy.

The obsession is real, however, and while this is officially a rather humorous horror novel, it never feels like a horror till near the end.

And me? I guess it just slipped in and made me interested despite everything. The end, however, was pretty great. Sick, but great.

Not bad at all. Simple premise, executed slowly. Kept me guessing until the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment