Mailing List

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If I had to judge between book 2 and this one, I'd say the superior one was the other one. Stronger plot, maybe a little less love triangle, and I am really starting to get into the whole vampire angle while Mercy Thompson gets her investigations skills honed.

This one admittedly has a cool Fae angle but the plot was a bit all over the place. That only carries so long as the characters are interesting. In this case, it was merely okay.

The hard part of the novel (and I should say hard as in emotionally) was pretty hard. And no, it wasn't the inevitable choosing of a mate. The other bit was just UGLY. I appreciate how everyone else is so supportive and otherworldly emotionally smart about it, but it seemed so unrealistic in light of the whole alpha male dynamic that HAS been going on. I honestly think Mercy should be entirely in her rights to go off into the deep blue and stay out of all this nonsense until she gets her head on straight.

I guess that's why they call this fantasy. It's not the werewolves, vampires, or fae. It's the fantasy of appropriate reactions by people you count on.

Let's see where this really leads, or whether it'll be swept under the rug.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment