Mailing List

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Mammoth Books Presents Death in the Promised LandMammoth Books Presents Death in the Promised Land by Pat Cadigan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oddly enough, this old Cyberpunk story is still better than a ton of mystery/Cyberpunk stories I've read over the years.

I'm a huge fan of Cyberpunk even if it's becoming our modern real-life dystopia. I am hard pressed to find any other genre that has proven itself as prophetic.

In this case, it's a great mix that may be both the creative impetus of our worst nightmares and the pure joy of creation. Murder notwithstanding, of course. We're used to that.

As a mystery genre story, I'm quite amused, and more so because as I was reading it, I was pointing at it and saying to myself, "Hey, this is all in that Cyberpunk 2099 game!"

No stealing, of course, but the ideas are great. :) AR systems and players can be victims, too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment