Mailing List

Friday, April 14, 2023

FoolFool by Christopher Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a really fun read if you're of a certain mind. I mean, yes, it's meant to appeal to Shakespeare fans, especially those who want a light take on all the tragedies, letting them come off as absurd (I'm looking at you, Lear) and generally poking some rather huge holes in some otherwise brilliant plays.

And on a line-by-line reading, there are a TON of great references and I'm sure you scholars will get a big kick out of it.

As for the OTHER part of the novel, the one that is meant to appeal to the absolute horniest of humanity, this novel is ALSO meant just for you.

I assume you're 14 and have a cumulative libido of a lifetime and you're just trying to squeeze it allll into the tightest bodice ripper you can find. This novel is also for you.

Everyone. I mean, EVERYONE is getting it on. Repeatedly. Especially the Fool.

Who is the intended audience?

Highschoolers forced to read Shakespeare.

If you want to get that feel on, this is absolutely the book for you. Enjoy!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment