Mailing List

Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Quiet Room (Rabbits, #2)The Quiet Room by Terry Miles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This one is certainly living up to the high standards of the first. It's also as difficult to describe without giving away so much of what makes either novel special.

SO. I'll throw some names out there for all you rabbit hole junkies and if you get it, you'll know exactly what makes Rabbits so cool. Just imagine you lump a treasure hunt/escape room scenario with The OA and give it Fight Club rules. Now add quirky and culture-specific oddity nuance and nostalgia that REALLY clicks with me, super-powering the Mandala effect, and you've got THIS.

It's fun as hell. I love smart fiction. I especially love high-stakes game-that-is-hardly-a-game fiction.

Note, I haven't spoiled anything about the plot or characters. Almost everything is a guessing game. The journey is everything. So get going! You've got your first clue!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment