Mailing List

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I admit when I'm wrong. I fully expected this one to take the full formula route as the previous four, but it didn't quite go all that way. Indeed, a full war with the full prophesy and the full resolution with Luke and Chronos was rather more refreshing than I thought it was going to be.

That being said, I do feel like it ended on a good note and I'll emphasize *end*.

As a YA fantasy, rather geared more to an even younger crowd, I think it did exactly what it was intended to do. Stick with the rather wholesome, get the mythological aspects on the page, and have a pretty decent adventure AND resolution.

It won't ever be my top fantasy series, but I didn't have very huge expectations so I didn't have any great disappointments.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment