Mailing List

Friday, September 29, 2023

Lessons in ChemistryLessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well now, this isn't your average romance novel. Indeed, it's more a women's study novel, focusing on sexism, cultural crappiness, and the supremacy of the intellectual drive.

I wholeheartedly approve. I've always believed that no one should be left behind if they have the talent and drive. Indeed, I went through a ton of absolute rage against the asshole men in this book and wanted to destroy them. This kind of heavy-handed crappiness has always made me nuts. Fortunately, Clive isn't a bad sort and that kind of beauty isn't forgotten. Not all men are complete assholes here.

As for the rest, I loved the chemistry angle, the cooking angle, and the take-no-prisoners intellectual honesty no matter what kind of firestorm it created in cultural norms. Indeed, that was my favorite part.

Good book. Really hard to stomach when it came to the no-help, no-care bits when it all came crashing down, but I appreciated the results.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment