Mailing List

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Tales from the LoopTales from the Loop by Simon Stålenhag
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Extremely low-key but eerie and dark science fiction. So minimalist, and it makes us ask far more questions than we'll ever have answers to. It's an art book, mostly, but I got the biggest kick out of the text.

In actual fact, the tiny snippets of text are really short stories that seem to be a slice of coming-of-age-Sweedish life with a handful of experiences while growing up, but the matter-of-fact inclusions of electromagnetic floating machines, precisely balanced robotics, and an enormous super-collider beneath the island that keeps doing weird stuff like FOLDING SPACE AND TIME kinda makes this ominous as all hell.

But for those who grew up in the Eighties in the Loop, it was all pretty normal.

I could lose myself in this forever. I'm really surprised and pleased by this. There are SO many mysteries. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment