Mailing List

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Master of the Revels (D.O.D.O. #2)Master of the Revels by Nicole Galland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There are some pretty interesting things going on in this sequel. It continues the witches-are-time-travelers motif, of course, with different factions spending some time in modern times but a lot more in Elizabeth (and Jacobian) England. And when I mean England, I mean we spend a lot of time around Shakespeare and the whole milieu.

Unfortunately, a lot of this novel revolves around a lot of nothing much happening but if you're a fan of the times and a fan of Shakespeare, it does have its charms. The action does come on near the end, however, and that was worth it.

Is it as good as the first D.O.D.O? Honestly, not really, but I had a mixed reaction with that one, too.

It was, IMHO, firmly okay. I read it for the curiosity factor and kept reading for the Shakespeare.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment