Mailing List

Friday, March 11, 2022

True Smithing II (True Smithing #2)True Smithing II by Jared Mandani
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While this did seem like it would be a great follow-up to the first True Smithing book, there was a remarkable lack of actual smithing going on, alas, and I wasn't all that interested in the whole "shutting down the hyper-realistic game world" storyline.

Unfortunately, that took up most of the story, removing the more focused crafting aspects that I loved so much from the first.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting THAT much. I wanted my LitRPG fix. Specifically, I wanted to see some massive leveling up from crafting. My expectations didn't match what I wanted from the book so it's entirely about me being fickle.

It's fine, otherwise, and if you wanted a different kind of fantasy/SF. Light fun, some logic worldbuilding errors, but I never expected much out of LitRPG. I just want to have fun and feel like I'm gaming. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment