Mailing List

Monday, March 7, 2022

The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Great Re-Read of the WoT (for me) continues!

Well, since this was my fifth time reading this book, I kinda rather knew what to expect, but I think I tend to enjoy it all the more because of it. So many details. So many characters. So much foreshadowing!

And so much abuse for Matt! I mean, come on. The poor trickster DOES pour most of it on himself, true, but he has a heart of pure gold. I can't believe how those women treat him. After all that he did?? Oh, woe...

I was laughing my ass off about poor Perrin, too. Faile, the love of his life, really MANAGES him thoroughly, right from the very start. And of course, the conflict inside him, always shifting back and forth between destruction and creation, of the Axe and the Hammer, is really starting strong here.

Rand? Yeah, well, I laughed my butt off about the rash of marriages but he kinda became a cardboard cutout. A force of nature that everything else, the weave of the world, snarled around. No big deal, really, because the women all had a huge role in this book and I never felt the dearth. Egwene, Nynaeve, Elayne, and even our fateful introduction to Aviendha made up for that.

Ah, to have future history while reliving the early bits again... there's nothing quite like it. :)


Suffice to say, I'm having a grand ole time. I'm coming home to one of my top favorite series and it holds up. It holds up extremely well. The Dragon is Reborn! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment