Mailing List

Sunday, July 4, 2021

On the Planet of Ten Thousand Bars (Bill, The Galactic Hero, #6)On the Planet of Ten Thousand Bars by Harry Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Classy setup for this humorous lambast of SF. I mean, if you're going to be a big dumb military man that has never had leave and you're stuck with a big grey brick for a foot (not really an upgrade from his other big lizard foot,) then I'd personally get really psyched to volunteer for a mission on THE Planet of Ten Thousand Bars.

With a drunk as your expert companion.

Yeeesssss... but of course it goes feet up. Between time-travel hijinx, the Planet of Death, time-nazis, and Aztec gods, we know this working vacation has gone to hell.

I'm seriously liking this later Bill the Galactic Hero novels better in these later stories.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment