Mailing List

Saturday, July 3, 2021

On the Planet of Bottled Brains (Bill, The Galactic Hero, #3)On the Planet of Bottled Brains by Harry Harrison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So. This is definitely a sign of its time. It's all light SF adventure harkening for the golden age but using it's comedy in the service of fan service. Trekkies are this book's fodder, this time.

That being said, I DID like the trekkie humor. Derivative, sure, but corny goodness usually is.

And then there are the bottled brains, matrix-like simulators, AIs, and body-hopping babes. (That is NOT what it sounds like. Really.)

Still, we get an interesting spread of action, space-opera, time-travel, and sometimes smirk-worthy scene-comedy. I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone except those who like period comedy. Fortunately, I grew up around this time, so it's a blast from the past.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment