Mailing List

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

If It BleedsIf It Bleeds by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Being an old-time SK fan, there's nothing much more I can say about his stories except that they're STILL awesome, the writer is in a league of his own, and the mixture of real-world detail with supernatural (maybe) dread is what always keeps me coming back for more.

It's simply classic.

Mr. Harrigan's phone - Probably my favorite of the collection, this is a mentor story with a modern ghost-story twist that is intricately tied to growing up. Of course, it's King, so be prepared to sit on the edge of your seat.

The Life of Chuck - Least favorite, but at least it has the end of the world. :)

If it Bleeds - Holly is back and facing down her own demons as well as ... well, no spoilers. A great continuation of the Bill Hodges and Outsider books.

Rat - My second favorite, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for ALL of SK's writer-in-peril stories and novels since I am a writer, myself. You might say that I learned how to be as messed up in the same way. *scratch, scratch*

Totally worth it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment