Mailing List

Monday, September 10, 2018

My Sister And IMy Sister And I by Sean-Paul Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm always willing to read a new Sean-Paul Thomas book because he always surprises me as to where the tale will go next. Or even which genre. Sometimes the books are light and sometimes they're pitch black.

This one is like the struggling bright lights of two barely-teen sisters under the insane yoke of an uber survivalist dad who pretty much puts them through all kinds of paces... that steadily get worse and worse.

At its core it's horror, but it's far from being on the lighter side of horror. It pushes you deeper and deeper into worst-nightmare territories and makes you want to survive despite all odds. Even your ideas about what constitutes right are utterly twisted by the journey. Make no mistake, the novel is carried by the heart of the characters, through the sick and the depraved to the shining little core of hope that is sisterhood.

Of course, it eventually turns into a roadtrip tale of hell.

Truly delicious.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment