Mailing List

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-GlassAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What kind of drug-addled haze was he on? I mean, sure, the author was a respected mathematician and all... OH, WAIT! Nevermind.

The only thing that I can't quite wrap my head around is the fact he focused mostly on geometry. And he didn't live during the times of quantum theory.

Of course, if he had been dealing with the quantum nightmare, Dodgson's Alice would read more like a cat that was both alive and dead at the same time rather than that grinning ghostly monstrosity. And mercury in hats would really be the observational spin that makes up consensual reality.

This is a re-read and I love it for its imagination first and foremost. The wordplay is also awesome.

Who doesn't love this book?

Of course, we all know it, right? From being late to slaying the Jabberwocky to losing one's head to falling off a horse to tea parties to the drinking up of special potions. It's all great. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment