Mailing List

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Speaking Bones (The Dandelion Dynasty, #4)Speaking Bones by Ken Liu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to admit this capstone to the series deserves all the praise. Indeed, the whole Dandelion Dynasty is one of the most impressive epic fantasy series I've ever read.

It's the characters, the fate of two nations, and the so-impressively-amazing worldbuilding -- but it's also the investment WE the readers put into it. Ken Liu pulled off a real piece of literature here.

The two cultures are so fleshed-out, so amazing in their own ways, and so destructive. We get it all right here in this final novel. The full war, the many tragedies, the hope of peace, even greater tragedies, and eventually, a new chapter in the two cultures.

It's so vivid, heroic, devastating, and endlessly fascinating. I loved every aspect of the high technology/automation on one side and the wyvern-like beasts on the other. There's no real way to describe it than to LIVE it in the pages -- and that's what I would recommend for ANYONE.

This is really great stuff.

Like, truly great stuff.

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment