Mailing List

Monday, February 5, 2024

Beyond the Shadows (Night Angel, #3)Beyond the Shadows by Brent Weeks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-read in preparation or better appreciation of Nemesis.

I think I loved this one than the prior two books combined. For me, it was more about the full culmination of Dorian. I loved how he returned home to fulfill his destiny. All of it was just so delicious. From the first time reading, I wondered who or what he'd wind up doing through the first two books, but I never quite imagined how crazy it would get by this one.

Kylar, et al, was also a much better story arc this time. The middle book definitely suffered from the middle book syndrome, but this one made it all freakishly cool in comparison. I loved the war aspects, how Vi and he work together. Of course, the whole thing about Logan and Kylar is SO them. Idealism and honor really causes so many problems.

I can ignore a lot of the teenager hormone storytelling from the previous books so long as it winds up kicking ass. As this does.

I'm surprised I enjoyed it so well again. I expected a modified opinion. But no, it's still solid and very, very fun.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment