Mailing List

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Halo: The FloodHalo: The Flood by William C. Dietz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

All told, this is just pure action with the Master Chief from the first Halo game. It's literally ... the game.

Of course, if you want the same cool locations, cool aliens, cool AIs, and action on a Ringworld, then this is still a COOL translation of the game.

Just come in with the right mindset and you'll be tight. I cracked open my console and got right into playing it as I listened to this book and the two were quite complimentary. A bit more story in the novel, more explanations, while the game gave us the visual and visceral. It was fun.

I'm NOT saying this is high literature, but it is definitely popcorn literature if you know that you want tons of gloopy explosions in your MilSF.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment