Mailing List

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A Short Stay in HellA Short Stay in Hell by Steven L. Peck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I could name a few things that build this novella up into something glorious, like the appropriation of Borges' Library of Babel, a smattering of Zoroastrianism, an existential horror written like an adaptation of that old movie, Defending Your Life, or the old adage about getting enough monkeys together to write one of Shakespeare's plays, but all of these are just elements.

The novella itself is a sucker punch to the gut.

I'm gobsmacked.

I might go on a little rage, telling everyone I know to stop what they're doing and pick this tale up and weep. Think about an afterlife that is closer to The Platform or an existential horror on par with The Squid Game. Make sure you're prepared to pick up a book or two.

And weep. :)

Muahahahahahaha SUCH A GOOD TALE.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment