Mailing List

Monday, May 17, 2021

ScorpionScorpion by Christian Cantrell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a fairly interesting techno-thriller filled with echoes of Minority Report, Alias, and a long line of other modern spycraft/cop dramas.

I expect that a lot of people will enjoy it for what it is: tech and geek driven; game-friendly, cryptocurrency-friendly, and, when we get to it, the joys of one of the oldest SF tropes which I won't mention here because it's spoilery and late-game in the novel.

That being said, it was fun for the ride even if it never absolutely blew me away.

Little things did get on my nerves, for example, such as a desk-jockey getting into the field with relatively little supervision, but that didn't bother me so much because the entire genre seems to be rife with it. Regardless, it did seem to be on par, with more empahasis on all our modern obsessions. :)

Definitely worth the read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment