Mailing List

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Scion of Cyador (The Saga of Recluce, #11)Scion of Cyador by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I admit I fell in love with this book. Of course, that means I fell in love with part one of this particular story that begins with his humble-ish beginnings as a not quite good enough mage turned lancer and his rise up the ranks.

This book forms his complete tale. Must read it together. After all, it's simply the continued rise, the foiling of other's machinations, and the results are, as most people might assume, quite familiar. It's not always the pursuit of power. It's doing what you know is right, defending the people and the ideals of your heart, and always having a good moral compass. Even if you're the invader.

Yes, it's morally gray, and murder is a pretty commonplace event with one's superiors, but gosh darn it, it still FEELS moral. :)

I cannot tell whether I like this because I'm so familiar with the full worldbuilding or the timeline or whether the story is just plain good. But, as always, I just don't care because I HAD A GOOD TIME.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment