Mailing List

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A Very Punchable FaceA Very Punchable Face by Colin Jost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let me be clear: I only knew Colin Jost from a few of his Weekend Updates in SNL and I've only kept up with SNL at all in short spurts since the '90s, so it's kinda surprising that I'd go out of my way to pick up a memoir about THIS guy.

You could say I was strongarmed into it. You could also say that I was enamored by SUCH A GREAT TITLE.

That being said, I still enjoyed myself with the content. During some of his early life stuff, I was positively flabbergasted by how much we had in common. Not the Staten Island stuff, mind you, but the whole Speech and Debate stuff and getting over shyness with speech therapy. Weird, no? But that's where our paths diverge. I never had a shit-my-pants moment. Or, apparently, a long stream of them. :)

I'm a sucker for some good self-depreciation it seems. As a writer for a LOT of SNL, himself, I've got to give him props. Like Tina Fey, and SO MANY other people to come through SNL that we know and love, I hope to see him involved in some cool stuff in the future. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment