Mailing List

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Aloha from Hell (Sandman Slim, #3)Aloha from Hell by Richard Kadrey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Since I'm basically reading these Sandman Slim books in grand marathon-style, I can't help but tear through them like they're pure crack cocaine. I can't help but compare it to a methed-up version of a true-neutral Harry Dresden mixed with a Cass from Supernatural who had had a love-child with Dean... and turn him into a murderous psychopath that thinks he's one of the good ones.

In other words, I'm chortling up a storm.

Just to think... we left off on the LA apocalypse in the previous novel only to mope around with a little second-storey work, only to land headfirst into a war (or several, considering the battlefronts) between Heaven and Hell.

And it's not exactly small-stage crap, either. I'm actually damn impressed. We've got a lot less talk and a LOT more action than I'm used to even for UF novels. :)

I'm still laughing (because that's the only proper response when you make it to the deepest depths of hell).

Happy Spooktober!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment