Mailing List

Thursday, October 29, 2020

A Town Called DiscoveryA Town Called Discovery by R.R. Haywood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From the very violent and deadly start, this SF novel had me fascinated and even chuckling as if I had just picked up a novel that was actually a survival action-horror video game that had unlimited lives.

If you know the type, you know you have to perform certain actions or die a horrible death... and try again and again. In this story, it's a bit more lively in that our main character is a blank slate and seems to be incessantly tortured... for a cause we learn later.

Sound intriguing? It is! Especially when we get into the matrix. :) And the time travel. And the romance.

What wonderfully F**d-up romance.

I should warn you, however, that it's a particularly VIOLENT romance. Triggers and stuff. But oddly enough, it works in this case. When consequences are low, some really weird fetishes have always been known to creep in.

THAT being said, the full story takes us to some rather interesting places (and times!) and I can easily say that this novel is a very fun one of this particular sub-genre. (SF time-travel, matrix, intrigue.)

I'll definitely be checking out more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment