Mailing List

Monday, August 17, 2020

The Towers of the Sunset (The Saga of Recluce, #2)The Towers of the Sunset by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think I fell in love.

I mean, I really liked the first book in this series and I really rocked to the whole Chaos vs Order magic system. I’ve always loved this kind of thing. Still do.

But this second book? I freaked out. What appeared to be a hardcore adventure rebelling against a political fate and an arranged marriage had be reeling when I realized it was actually a

ROMANCE.

All this time I expected an epic fantasy with tons of swordplay and magic and discovery, adventure, torture, and even more magic.

I got that. And I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS ROMANCE.

Honestly, it’s the best part. These two tore me to shreds.

Oh, and the whole founding of Recluse was all kinds of awesome, sending us far back in time before the events of the first book, but it was the ROMANCE that floored me.

I didn’t expect it.
Such a wonderful surprise. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment