Mailing List

Saturday, August 15, 2020

The Killing MoonThe Killing Moon by Chuck Hogan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a fairly decent thriller. It has a lot going for it. It's an easy read full of snappy chapters, clear characterizations, and an old-boy network in a dying town that just seems to be rife with corruption.

We know the story, no?

As I was reading I got the feeling like I was reading a Koontz novel and that's not a bad thing. All the setup and the mystery surrounding our main character drove the novel forward even as the crime drama propelled the plot.

This is still pretty much a standard cop thriller, however. Between all the tv dramas and books, it's rather hard to say anything more than I liked the pacing quite a lot and it felt like light (if horrific) amusement. I really enjoyed the twisty ending.

We all need fluff sometimes. And this happens to be pretty good fluff.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment